Effective as of November 26, 2021
and all other related subdomains and subsites (the “Services”) and how that information is used.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When information identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you, we refer to it as “Personal Information.” We may collect Personal Information from a number of sources:
Personal Information You Provide. We collect Personal Information from you when you choose to provide it to us. For example, if you make an online donation, we will collect your name, address, phone number, and payment information in order to process your donation.
Personal Information Collected Automatically. Whenever you visit or interact with the Services, we, as well as our service providers, may use a variety of technologies to collect Personal Information. For example:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your activity on the Services, such as the date and time you access the Services, and what features of the site you interact with.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access the Services, including IP addresses, the type of operating system in use (e.g., Macintosh or Windows) and the type of browser being used by the visitor (e.g., Netscape or Internet Explorer).
- Cookies and Web Beacons: When you view the website or use its features, we may use third-party analytics and tracking tools to collect cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored in your computer’s hard drive. We may also use web beacons to count page visits by our users, to determine pages users visit, to access our cookies, and to otherwise improve your experience on the website. Again, this information is collected in the aggregate and in a manner that does not identify any individual user.
Personal Information Received from Third Parties. We may obtain information about you from other trusted third-party sources to update or supplement the Personal Information we’ve collected from you. This includes, for example, Restaurant Brands International, Inc. and its affiliates.
Combination of Information. We may combine the Personal Information we receive from and about you. We may also de-identify or aggregate information so it is no longer Personal Information.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information for any of the following purposes:
- to send donation requests, marketing and other communications (such as our newsletters) to you;
- to process and acknowledge your donation;
- to notify you of upcoming events, promotions, or activities on our site;
- to solicit volunteers for events
- to fulfill purchases made online through auctions or other fundraising activities;
- to process your or your child’s camp application and relevant administrative communication;
- to respond to your requests and provide customer support;
- to provide you with any necessary notices;
- to ensure legal compliance, including to comply with legal requirements and enforce or exercise our rights or those of third parties;
- to address problems with the Services or our business;
- to protect the security or integrity of our site; and
- otherwise with your consent or as required by law.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SHARE
Except as provided in this Policy, we disclose your Personal Information only with your permission. We do not sell (or provide) mailing lists to third parties. We may share your Personal Information as described below.
With Restaurants Brands International. We may share your Personal Information with Restaurant Brands International Inc. and its affiliates to facilitate your donation, improve our Services, troubleshoot any issues, or as otherwise disclosed to you.
With Our Service Providers. We use service providers to help us operate and improve the Services, such as for analytics, payment processing, and security operations. For example, if you use PayPal™ services to make a donation or any other payment to the THF, we will disclose your name, address, and the amount of your donation to PayPal in order for them to process your donation or payment.
With Law Enforcement or Other Third Parties to ensure Legal Compliance and Safety. We may transfer or otherwise disclose Personal Information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other lawful requests; to comply with legal requirements; to provide information to law enforcement or government agencies in connection with an investigation on a matter related to public safety; or to protect our rights, property, the Services, or its users. We may also share Personal Information if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit, to enforce our agreements with you, and to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing.
With Your Consent or At Your Request. We also may share your Personal Information as requested by you, or with your consent at the time of collection.
CONSENT TO INTERNATIONAL PROCESSING
Your Personal Information may be transferred, stored, or processed on computers located outside your state, province, country or other jurisdiction, including Canada. As a result, your Personal Information may be subject to data protection and other laws that may differ from your country of residence, and such privacy laws may not be deemed as protective as those in your jurisdiction. By using the Services or submitting information to us, you agree to the transfer, processing, and retention in Canada and to other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as, or equivalent to, those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen with the use of safeguards as required under applicable law.
Do Not Track. Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have their online activity and behavior tracked. Not all browsers offer a DNT option, and DNT signals are not yet uniform. Many website operators, including THFC, do not respond to DNT requests or headers from some or all Internet browsers.
Update, Correct, Or Delete Personal Information. The accuracy of your Personal Information is important to THFC. If you change your e-mail address or if any of the other information we hold is incorrect or out of date, or if you wish to remove your details from our records, please contact email@example.com. We reserve the right to request that you provide information that will enable us to confirm that you have the authority to correct or delete the information that you want corrected or deleted. We may not be able to correct or delete information shared with third parties. Pursuant to applicable law, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request.
Communication Opt-Out. To unsubscribe or opt-out of THFC e-mails such as emails regarding donation requests, notifications of upcoming fundraisers or other events, or newsletters, please follow the instructions in the e-mail message.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. You use the Services at your own risk.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
THFC is not responsible for the policies, content, and practices of third party websites to which the Services may link, including without limitation, the PayPal™ website, nor are We responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by such third party websites or other services. Please exercise caution and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 12 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 12 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps, RR#2, 264 Glen Morris Road East, St. George, Ontario, N0E 1N0
Phone: 519 448 1248